The road teams and underdogs have dominated the NHL Playoffs.
But two games into the Stanley Cup Final, the home team favorite has opened the series 2-0.
The Vegas Golden Knights routed the Florida Panthers 7-2 on Monday, and now take a two-game lead to Sunrise for Games 3 and 4.
Proud to say I've delivered a 2-0 Sweep in both Games 1 and 2 of the Stanley Cup Final, with Vegas and the Over in both games.
Game 3 is scheduled for Thursday.
My NHL Notes:
- Road teams are 46-39 in the postseason.
- Underdogs are 40-43 in the postseason, with a $100 wager on the pups turning a profit of roughly $1300.
- The Over is 45-39-1, and the Under has cashed 30 of the last 55 games.
- There have been 23 overtime games, and road teams are 15-8 in those games.
- NHL favorites higher than -150 are 14-34 on the puck line this postseason.
Stanley Cup Notes:
- The Panthers have won 11 of 14 overall, despite losing their last two.
- Florida heads to Game 3 of the SCF on an 18-8 win streak.
- The Panthers check in at ninth in the postseason with 3.00 goals-for per game.
- Florida's goals-against average during the playoffs is 3.06, ranking sixth.
- Vegas has now won 19 of 26 against Atlantic Division teams.
- The Golden Knights are on a 7-2 roll at home
- The Golden Knights rank first in the playoffs with 3.89 goals-for per game.
- Vegas is fourth in the postseason with a goals-against average of 2.58.
- The home team has won 11 of the last 12 meetings.
- The Panthers have won four of the last five meetings in Sunrise.
- The Golden Knights have won seven of nine in the series.
The WNBA was off on Monday, but is back in action tonight. Three games, and I love one of them.
I went 3-0 Monday, once again sweeping the Stanley Cup Final side and total with Vegas and Over. I also hit my Interleague Game of the Month on the Rangers. I love one WNBA clash tonight, as Las Vegas and Connecticut reunite from last season's WNBA Finals. Nobody has been able to beat the Aces. Will the Sun shine tonight over glimmery Las Vegas? Or will the Aces be high? This is the ONLY GAME I LIKE TONIGHT. Find out with my WNBA NON-CONFERENCE GAME OF THE MONTH, backed by in-depth analysis.
In MLB on Monday, on only one of eight underdogs got it done. That victory came from the Houston Astros, a slight pup in Toronto, where they beat the Blue Jays, 11-4.
Returning to May 9, the Astros have won 19 of their last 25 behind an offense that is hitting .266 in that span, and have stroked 36 home runs along the way. During the stretch, they're scoring an average of 5.0 runs per game. Their pitching has also been stellar, with a 2.99 ERA over the 25 games, with teams hitting only .235.
The NBA was off last night. Game 3 is scheduled for Wednesday night in Miami.