It's time for Game 5 of the Stanley Cup Final. The Florida Panthers showed resiliency in the first round when they overcame a 3-1 deficit to the Boston Bruins and won three straight over the Presidents Trophy winner. Now, they face elimination again. The Vegas Golden Knights were up 3-0 on the Dallas Stars in the Western Conference Final and couldn't close until Game 6. There's something about one of these teams, however, that makes the difference for me. I've got my STANLEY CUP FINAL GAME OF THE YEAR going tonight.
My NHL Notes:
- Road teams are 46-40 in the postseason.
- Underdogs are 40-44 in the postseason, with a $100 wager on the pups turning a profit of roughly $1200.
- The Over is 45-40-1, and the Under has cashed 31 of the last 56 games.
- There have been 24 overtime games, and road teams are 15-9 in those games.
- NHL favorites higher than -150 are 14-34 on the puck line this postseason.
Stanley Cup Notes:
- The Panthers have won 12 of their last 15 road games.
- Florida heads to Game 5 of the SCF on a 12-4 win streak in the postseason.
- The Panthers check in at 10th in the postseason with 2.95 goals-for per game.
- Florida's goals-against average during the playoffs is 3.00, ranking sixth.
- Despite the loss, Vegas has won 19 of 26 against Atlantic Division teams.
- The Golden Knights have won 20 of their last 26 at home.
- The Golden Knights rank second in the playoffs with 3.76 goals-for per game.
- Vegas is fourth in the postseason with a goals-against average of 2.57.
- The home team has won 12 of the last 14 meetings.
- The Golden Knights have won seven straight meetings in Las Vegas
- The Over is on a 6-1 run when the teams play at T-Mobile Arena
Four of the five underdogs got it done in MLB on Monday, with three games a pick. And the pup that barked loudest was - GULP! - the Oakland Athletics (+220 DraftKings) again, winning at home against the best team in baseball, a 4-3 win over the Tampa Bay Rays.
Oakland, which closed a three-game visit in Pittsburgh with two wins, has now won six in a row behind an offense that is hitting .279 and has averaged 6.5 runs per game during the win streak.
I have my third DIVISION DOG OF THE MONTH winner, as I'm 2-2 with these pups in June. Clear value with this division pup here. Don't miss my third MLB DIVISION DOG OF THE MONTH winner for June.
In the final game of the NBA season, the Denver Nuggets closed out the Finals with a 94-89 win over the Miami Heat.
The Nuggets failed to cover the number, which opened -9 and closed -8 at most places. The total was 210, and fell well short in landing on 183.