I'm back in the NHL tonight, as the Stanley Cup Final resumes with Game 4 in Sunrise.
I've hit five of the first six plays (sides and totals) in the Stanley Cup Final, including a 3-0 sweep with all the totals. Dating back, I've hit nine of 14 NHL totals, again, with a 3-0 sweep in the Stanley Cup Final. I'm 96-83-2 this season for $16,430 net profit, including a 20-15 mark in the postseason for $6,030. Tonight I make it 4 in a Row with Stanley Cup Totals with my STANLEY CUP FINAL TOTAL OF THE YEAR.
My NHL Notes:
Road teams are 46-40 in the postseason.
Underdogs are 40-44 in the postseason, with a $100 wager on the pups turning a profit of roughly $1200.
The Over is 45-40-1, and the Under has cashed 31 of the last 56 games.
There have been 24 overtime games, and road teams are 15-9 in those games.
NHL favorites higher than -150 are 14-34 on the puck line this postseason.
Stanley Cup Notes:
- The Panthers have won 12 of 15 overall.
- Florida heads to Game 4 of the SCF on a 19-8 win streak.
- The Panthers check in at ninth in the postseason with 3.00 goals-for per game.
- Florida's goals-against average during the playoffs is 3.00, ranking sixth.
- Despite the loss, Vegas has still won 19 of 27 against Atlantic Division teams.
- The Golden Knights have still won 15 of 21 on the road.
- The Golden Knights rank second in the playoffs with 3.80 goals-for per game.
- Vegas is fourth in the postseason with a goals-against average of 2.60.
- The home team has won 12 of the last 13 meetings.
- The Panthers have won five of the last six meetings in Sunrise.
- The Golden Knights have won seven of 10 in the series.
In the WNBA, we finally saw some favorites do what they're supposed to, by going 3-2 on Friday. Underdogs are now 14-7-3 over the past nine game days.
The New York Liberty (-7) got a career night from Sabrina Ionescu (37 points) during a 106-83 destruction of the Atlanta Dream.
The Dallas Wings (-5') took care of the Phoenix Mercury with a 90-77 victory thanks to a 35-point night by Arike Ogunbowale.
The Los Angeles Sparks (-3') continued their rebuild with an impressive 77-62 win over the Chicago Sky. Three players scored at least 16 points, including Nneka Ogwumike, who had 19.
The dogs who covered were the Indiana Fever (+2') with a 71-69 outright win in Minnesota over the league-worst Lynx, and the Seattle Storm (+12), who erased a 13-point deficit with their star on the bench with a foot injury and covering the big number against the Washington Mystics, who won 73-66.
The WNBA is off tonight.
In MLB on Friday, four of 11 underdogs got it done, with four games a pick. And the pup that barked loudest was - GULP! - the Oakland Athletics (+222 Caesars) winning in Milwaukee with a 5-2 victory over the Brewers.
Oakland, which closed a three-game visit in Pittsburgh with two wins, has now won three in a row behind an offense that is hitting .336 and has averaged 8.3 runs per game.
As part of a big day for yours truly, one that includes my Stanley Cup Total of the Year, I have my AL East Game of the Month with the Red Sox in the Bronx to face the Yankees. I'm on 109-99-5 run for $3,940 since April 17, and tonight I pad the bankroll with a huge winner in the greatest rivalry on the diamond. MLB AL EAST GAME OF THE MONTH goes here. I also have an MLB Multi-Pack with my A.L. GAME OF THE MONTH and am throwing in a BONUS MLB DOG.