The NBA Playoffs resumed last night, with Game 1 of the Western Conference Finals tipping off in Denver.
The Nuggets seemingly had the game in command, but the Los Angeles Lakers stormed back and turned a double-digit deficit into a 3-point nail-biter in the closing minutes.
Nikola Jokic recorded his sixth triple-double of these playoffs with 34 points, 21 rebounds and 14 assists, powering the Nuggets to a 1-0 lead in the series after the 132-126 win.
The point spread dipped as low as -5.5 in some places, while others sat on -6 for the push.
Anthony Davis had 40 points and 10 rebounds, and LeBron James finished with 26 points, 12 boards and nine assists for the Lakers.
Game 2 is scheduled for Thursday.
I'm now 76-57-3 for $16,190 since 4/17, including an NBA run of 38-23-2 for $12,600. Riding a 25-14-1 run with SIDE WINNERS in the NBA, and tonight I jump head first into the Eastern Conference Final opener between the Boston Celtics and Miami Heat. My NBA LINE MISTAKE awaits.
On the MLB diamond on Monday, nine of the 13 underdogs won. There were several notable underdog winners, including the Milwaukee Brewers (+155 DraftKings) in a 3-2 road win at the St. Louis Cardinals. The teams have split the first two of the series, and play the rubber match tonight.
I hit two of three DOG OF THE MONTH winners in baseball on Tuesday. Scored with the Red Sox (AL Dog OTM) and Brewers (NL Central GOM), and tonight I'm focused on one division. The Yankees and Blue Jays are embroiled in an A.L. East clash and tonight is Game 3 of the 4-game set. Toronto looks for revenge after New York took the first two. Huge pitching showdown, and I'm going to point out the glaring difference for my side. E-Z WINNER right here with my AL EAST GAME OF THE MONTH.
The NHL Playoffs are on hiatus until Thursday night, with Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Final starting in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Numbers to keep in mind:
- Road teams are 41-32 in the postseason, the most wins by visitors at this stage of a postseason (73 games played) in league history.
- Eight of 12 series-clinching wins have been claimed on the road.
- Underdogs are 35-37 in the postseason, with a $100 wager on the pups turning a profit of roughly $1200.
- The 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs are averaging 6.4 goals per game, the highest rate at this stage of a postseason (73 GP) since 1995.
- The Over is 39-33-1 after the first two rounds, but the Under has cashed 24 of the last 43 games.
- There have been 18 overtime games, and road teams are 13-5.
- NHL favorites higher than -150 are 14-31 on the puck line this postseason.