Get the best handicapping articles and gambling advice throughout the football, basketball and baseball seasons from the world's top sports handicappers, as well as from Bovada (Bodog) Sportsbook and Casino.
by ASA - 03/31/2016
With March Madness drawing to a close, we now look ahead to the boys of summer and have put together a few future wagers for you. We will begin our Service on Monday, April 4th right here on Vegasinsider and will offer on average 1-3 picks per day.
Below are a few Total win wagers and a pick to with the A.L. Pennant
OVER 66.5 WINS for the PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES
Completely different atmosphere in the clubhouse this year, direction starts at the top and they got rid of upper management that was killing them, it's only spring training but their 14-5 start is already showing there is a different "feel" with this year's team, this is a very low win total and the Phillies won 63 games with a much more "toxic" clubhouse last year...that says a lot right there...added a lot of pitching in the off-season, playing in a division that includes Atlanta (significant downhill slide) and Miami (forecast to have losing season) will help the Phils notch some big series wins throughout the year...the last time the Phillies had a winning preseason was 2011 which was a year in which they won 102 games...certainly they may not finish better than 72-90 this season but the point is that there is a winning chemistry with this ballclub already early this season. the last 4 spring trainings they have not a winning record and they followed it up with subpar regular season performances each year...big pitching adds for starters and the bullpen will key their season
UNDER 78.5 WINS for the BALTIMORE ORIOLES
O's were a .500 team last year as they won 81 games...however, they are heading even further down so this is a high total considering the current direction this team is headed in (went from 96 wins two years ago to 81 wins last year)...playing in the brutally tough AL East is why we especially like this play...playing Boston and the Yankees is always tough but Toronto certainly is a proven commodity as well and Tampa Bay appears to be heading back in the right direction after bottoming out in 2014...the O's have a great closer (Britton) and set-up man (O'Day) and overall solid bullpen BUT their starting rotation is loaded with question marks...Jimenez had an awful 2nd half of the season, Gausman has not lived up to expectations, addition of Gallardo not likely to fix things as he got hit at .323 clip after the all star break last year...batting lineup has power but still way too many strikeouts
ASA’s PICK to Win the A.L. Pennant
Texas Rangers at 9 to 1
WHY TEXAS TO WIN THE A.L. PENNANT?
1) It's tough to get the job done as a wild card but the Rangers have a great shot to win their division as only the Astros are true competition to Texas in my opinion.
2) The Rangers have a chip on their shoulders after the way their season ended last year with their epic playoff collapse against the Blue Jays...up 2 games to none and then losing 3 straight to blow their chance to get to the ALCS.
3) Rangers went 80-58 after a tough start last season and I think they hit the ground running this season. Banister now has the coaching staff he wants in place underneath him. That wasn't the case when he first took over for Ron Washington.
4) A fantastic bullpen down the stretch in the regular season last year is likely to be a story all season this year!
5) Yu Darvish should be back in the rotation for Texas before we get to June.
6) Hamels, Holland, Perez give the Rangers a solid trio of lefties in the starting rotation to go with righties Martinez and Gonzalez (until Darvish returns).
7) One of the better hitting teams in the league.